Wanted to ask if Project Mario works in master now? Or I'm just mad? I am making my GL3.3 fixes and couldn't figure out why water wasn't drawing properly. Then I tried master and noticed that there GL1.1 and GL3 also doesn't draw water,. Is this true? Because it's weird, as I thought it ran it just fine. What are you guys running ENIGMA on when testing? I run like 3 example (Project Mario, Minecraft and now my shader example). We really need an automatic testing, because right now it's very hard to catch and fix bugs. Now I need to backtrace to figure out when the bug happened. Also, is text still messed up? At least in project mario it is.
Also, I see a large FPS improvement in GL1 which is nice. I get up to 2300FPS now, instead of previous 1200FPS. I guess that is because of the glList optimization. Having 2.3k FPS isn't really useful for a game, but still.
Also Minecraft example ups from 700 to 900. There is a bug though, that doesn't allow GL1 models to be updated (mining in the minecraft didn't work), but I fixed that.
In my GL3.3 Fixes branch I get 1600FPS in GL3 up from 1400FPS in master. So not only it has more features + has no compatibility functions, it also is slightly faster. So after I fix the water and do more testing, it should be good for larger testing.
edit: The bug is in the screen_set_viewport() function. Was introduced when Robert fixed window scaling issues. For some reason it breaks the water, which could also mean it breaks surfaces in general, because surface_set_target() uses screen_set_viewport(). Investigating the problem.
edit2: Well long story short, surfaces don't need window functions in them. So I removed screen_set_viewport() and replaced them with glViewport and glScissor, which is the only two it needs.