ENIGMA Development Environment
Website is in read-only mode due to a recent attack.

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Compile Issues (Refferencing the SDK and NDK)  (Read 1093 times)
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Posted on: April 28, 2013, 09:14:53 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Finally got enigma and enigma games running on ubuntu. Now
I need help compiling for android on ubuntu.

change their contents so that they reflect the location of your ndk. For instance:
Replace:
cd Platforms/Android/EnigmaAndroidGame/jni && /Users/alasdairmorrison/Documents/AndroidSDK/crystax/ndk-build
with
cd Platforms/Android/EnigmaAndroidGame/jni && /home/username/android/android-sdk-linux_x86/android-ndk-r4-crystax/ndk-build

Here's the problem - When it says "Replace ... With ..." the wiki doesn't even tell me what file that contains the string to replace. I wasted a good hour on this.
Offline (Unknown gender) Ideka
Reply #1 Posted on: April 28, 2013, 09:38:52 PM

View Profile
I don't think compiling for Android is supported yet... Though it probably was working at some point.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #2 Posted on: April 28, 2013, 09:45:38 PM

Developer

View Profile
http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Platforms

It was at one point and will be %100 in the future.

http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Android
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #3 Posted on: April 28, 2013, 09:55:52 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
When in doubt, use grep:

Code: [Select]
josh@dreamland:~$ cd Projects/ENIGMA
josh@dreamland:~/Projects/ENIGMA$ grep -nr "cd Platforms/Android/EnigmaAndroidGame/jni && /Users/alasdairmorrison/Documents/AndroidSDK/crystax/ndk-build" .
./ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Makefiles/MacOSX/Android/Makefile:3: cd Platforms/Android/EnigmaAndroidGame/jni && /Users/alasdairmorrison/Documents/AndroidSDK/crystax/ndk-build

The file you want is ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Makefiles/MacOSX/Android/Makefile. Apparently, it's also used in Linux, or his documentation is incomplete. Could be either.

No one has attempted to compile for Android in quite some time; it's sort of on the back burner.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Reply #4 Posted on: May 03, 2013, 01:36:53 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
thanks josh. Now i have two new problems. the andoid compile dialog is telling me that...
"game_end" was not declaired in this scope
But I'm not using game_end anywhere in the project's code, dnd, or global game settings. How
do I fix this error?

Second android compile issue, do i need the java jdk or is the andoird sdk and ndk good enough?
I have the jdk installed on my ubuntu in its default intallation directory. Do I need to somehow
direct the engima makefile/enigma settings files to the correct jdk directory? or should I put the jdk
in a directory that enigma will recognize? Not sure if thi is even an issue, but all I know is I'm having
java related errors such as...
"jni.h" no such file or directory

and
"cant_remember_filename_but_remember_log_extension.log" no such file or directory

I'm very very certian my project is completely compatible with the android export as it only uses these
features...
Code: [Select]
*mouse left button pressed event
*instance_change() function
*checking/setting custom variables
*visible local variable
*room_goto() dnd
*persisitent rooms
*game_restart()
Other than the sprites, backgrounds and objects, this is everything that is in my game in a nutshell. So
I highly doubt there is android compatability issues, though please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks everyone for you help and support! :D
TKG
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #5 Posted on: May 03, 2013, 05:22:13 PM

Developer

View Profile
It probably is compatibility issue, as ENIGMA's Android port was not even slightly finished. I think there was only draw_sprite() as a drawing function and the rest were not implemented (so no background or anything). Basically, if I could make Android port to work I would make all those functions, but it was not progressed to a working state (It even used extremely old NDK).
Pages: 1
  Print