Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixed a memory-corrupting texture bug; need help testing backends.  (Read 9127 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) sorlok_reaves
Reply #15 Posted on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:30 pm
Contributor
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 260

View Profile
That's not actually my cubes demo lol it's the GM Studio one that I use to show off how much faster ENIGMA renders it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro00kob8723vlsb/CUBES.zip

Also please try this file.
http://pastebin.com/AeDrDsVF

That file gives me:

Code: [Select]
Graphics_Systems/OpenGL3/GL3model.cpp: In function ‘unsigned int enigma_user::d3d_model_get_stride(int)’:
Graphics_Systems/OpenGL3/GL3model.cpp:93:21: error: ‘class Mesh’ has no member named ‘GetStride’
  return meshes[id]->GetStride();


I doubt you'll be able to pack an  RGBA 4 byte color into GLfloat I already tried extensively, but be my guest :\

Ah, you're right, I was thinking of GLDouble, which I used to store colors in my polygon code... mixed 'em up.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:58:11 pm by sorlok_reaves » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #16 Posted on: January 17, 2014, 09:52:46 pm

Developer
Location: Cappuccino, CA
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2993

View Profile
Go to that file and line and change that call to GetVertexStride() :p

Josh is also attempting to fix it right now.
Logged
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) sorlok_reaves
Reply #17 Posted on: January 17, 2014, 10:00:24 pm
Contributor
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 260

View Profile
Go to that file and line and change that call to GetVertexStride() :p

Yeah, I'm still getting a blank screen with that.

Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #18 Posted on: January 17, 2014, 10:13:35 pm

Developer
Location: Cappuccino, CA
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2993

View Profile
Alright, looks like I failed pretty miserably at this one, at any rate, as you can on the site tracker, Josh just committed his fix which I am testing now, please try git update and test his version of the fixes, he tested on Linux, I am going to test from Windows.

This is his commit.
https://github.com/enigma-dev/enigma-dev/commit/b539ff0bee4b085532d8d0782d2518f83022ba3a
Logged
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #19 Posted on: January 17, 2014, 11:40:58 pm

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2950

View Profile Email
The fix is mostly duct-tape. Those templates need moved to their own header, as they are general purpose (which is why I wrote the signed-int set as well). The color_t type also needs used in more places. The point for now was to make sure it was the same size as the union. Switching gs_scalar to double might yet break it; at very least, it will waste four bytes.
Logged
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) sorlok_reaves
Reply #20 Posted on: January 18, 2014, 12:08:17 am
Contributor
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 260

View Profile
The fix is mostly duct-tape. Those templates need moved to their own header, as they are general purpose (which is why I wrote the signed-int set as well). The color_t type also needs used in more places. The point for now was to make sure it was the same size as the union. Switching gs_scalar to double might yet break it; at very least, it will waste four bytes.

Works for me. Gotta say, I'm impressed by the way the union works. Anyway, GL3 is working great now. Thanks for the fix.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2
  Print