Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help immediately with this error  (Read 572 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) typosoftdev
Posted on: December 12, 2017, 07:25:19 PM

View Profile Email
When compiling any example or game I get :
 undefined reference to `enigma::image_load(std::string, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, int*, bool)'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
It does this on everything I try to compile, please help
Offline (Unknown gender) techdev1976
Reply #1 Posted on: December 12, 2017, 08:14:51 PM

View Profile
;) Sorry I had the make a new account I meant when clicking on the run button to run the game, when saving the executable works fine
Offline (Male) hpg678
Reply #2 Posted on: December 14, 2017, 05:45:11 AM

View Profile Email
When compiling any example or game I get :
 undefined reference to `enigma::image_load(std::string, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, int*, bool)'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
It does this on everything I try to compile, please help

HI. This error could be stating that
  • the function "image_load" is not used or does not exist, OR
  • you've tried to load an image without stating the proper path to that image.
Hugar
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #3 Posted on: December 24, 2017, 06:49:30 PM

Developer

View Profile
That's ok, don't worry about making or having made a second account. If you want back into the original, Josh may be able to assist with that.

This is a very strange issue and is what's called a linker error. image_load is an internal function in our engine which may call image_load_bmp or delegate to an external library to load various image formats. This function gets called by sprite_add and background_add which then passes the data (32bit BGRA uncompressed texture) to the GPU in the graphics system. The only way this could occur is if you have an old copy of ENIGMA or you changed the source code in some way. Where did you obtain ENIGMA from?

Also, can you please provide the full/more detailed log from the compile output window?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 06:54:02 PM by Goombert » Logged
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Pages: 1
  Print