Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Off-Topic / Re: What genre of game interests you the most
« Last post by hpg678 on May 09, 2022, 11:06:27 am »
I kinda agree in that today Tower Defense games are considered separate but overall, one must employ strategy........which is why i considered them into that category.

Another genre i forgot to include is Board games.
Off-Topic / Re: What genre of game interests you the most
« Last post by HitCoder on May 08, 2022, 12:54:17 pm »
This is quite an interesting poll!

Personally I would have made strategy and tower defense two separate categories as I can enjoy tower defense but I don't enjoy most other strategy games :P
Off-Topic / What genre of game interests you the most
« Last post by hpg678 on May 08, 2022, 09:26:04 am »
I'm taking this poll in an attempt to comprehend what type of tutorial/game would be good to make/outline using Enigma. Please answer as honestly as possible and if i have missed out a category, then tell me which should have been included.
even if you are not a full 'gamer', there must be some you do play.

thanks!
General ENIGMA / Re: enigma-dev-git package on Arch User Repository updated
« Last post by HitCoder on May 03, 2022, 10:24:38 am »
I could perhaps change the icon to use the Enigma logo, but I left it as the LGM logo for now as that's the IDE being used. I'm not sure what the general consensus and preference is there but if the maintainers of the project think it's more appropriate to use the Enigma logo then I'll switch it over :)
Off-Topic / Re: What's your favourite Linux/Unix DE/WM and why?
« Last post by hpg678 on May 02, 2022, 01:27:22 pm »
No doubt that KDE is very attractive and sleek but it is bit of a resource hog.

I'm happy with KDE ever since the extremely recent updates making it much more slimmed down and stable.
truth be told, i haven't used KDE for years. It was always XCFE for me even when my system got upgraded. I am inspired to give it another go.

General ENIGMA / Re: enigma-dev-git package on Arch User Repository updated
« Last post by hpg678 on May 02, 2022, 01:15:00 pm »
great work.
 I tried it and there were no problems.

It also created a lancher link in the menu......although the icon is an old one. If you could perhaps change it to the modern one, that would be fantastic
 (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
Off-Topic / Re: What's your favourite Linux/Unix DE/WM and why?
« Last post by HitCoder on April 30, 2022, 10:19:04 pm »
No doubt that KDE is very attractive and sleek but it is bit of a resource hog.

I know I'm extremely late to seeing this but that used to be the case but not so much any more.

KDE uses around 750mb of ram - with LatteDock installed mind you, which is 300mb ram overhead

XFCE uses around 500mb of ram for me, in comparison.

I'm happy with KDE ever since the extremely recent updates making it much more slimmed down and stable.
General ENIGMA / enigma-dev-git package on Arch User Repository updated
« Last post by HitCoder on April 30, 2022, 10:12:21 pm »
Hi guys,

I am now a co-maintainer on the AUR package for enigma and have fixed issues with the package after contacting the primary maintainer (CyberShadow), which were mostly caused by misunderstanding/miscommunication between said maintainer and maintainers of the main github repo.

So now all you archers can just type
Code: [Select]
yay -S enigma-dev-git and not worry about anything any more! :) :)
General ENIGMA / got my fork of enigma working on Mac (sort of)
« Last post by time-killer-games on March 18, 2022, 12:12:40 pm »
Mostly everything works, except for some odd reason the string/toString macro under Universal_System/var4.h isn't being defined. Also all functions that return a string aren't being recognized by the compiler.

The good news is, some complete games still do compile. Such as my Key to Success game and hpg678's Open Balloon Pop game.

Screenshots attached. You can also test my fork (requires macports installed before running the install script).

Home-brew doesn't have a way to install universal deps. So anyway that's why I am using Macports. Although, supporting universal binaries is a work in progress.

Macports is missing the alure dependency, so I have temporarily, (and very reluctantly) have the user install hombrew as well until macports adds a proper alure package, so I can finally support universal binaries and add the +universal flag to dependency installer and build script.

More info here:

https://samuel-venable.itch.io/stigma-development-environment

Even though none of our ENIGMA sources are including the C++17 <variant> header, it appears good old apple doesn't like us using the reserved keyword "variant" regardless, which means you will need to find and replace all occurrences of "variant" in enigma and the compiler's sources with something else to call that type, I went with "evariant" in my fork to prevent the name clash, short for "enigma variant".

you can apply this patch simply by doing the following on your enigma-dev folder:

LC_CTYPE=C grep -rl variant "/path/to/enigma-dev/" | xargs sed -i 's/variant/evariant/g'
LC_CTYPE=C grep -rl multifunction_evariant "/path/to/enigma-dev/" | xargs sed -i 's/multifunction_evariant/multifunction_variant/g'
I am happy to help you guys get macOS working again if you ever unban me from discord and/or github long enough for me to work on that briefly with/for you.

you may download my key to success Mac app here btw:

https://samuel-venable.itch.io/key-to-success

so yeah
It's not broken, you just need to distribute dll's with your game and OpenAL will work again.

Here's the files you need:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gagR9bycmIQKRCKQyhMpTvwEk5mXezcE/view?usp=sharing

put them in the working directory of your game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10