Revision as of 00:08, 7 February 2013
Currently, two Library Makers are publicly available:
- The official YoYo Games Library Maker (included with the Extension Maker) which is only capable of working with LIBs.
- The unofficial LateralGM LibMaker capable of working with LIBs and LGLs, as well as saving older LIBs.
We strongly recommend this version, as it is capable of reproducing all of the functionality of the official Library Maker, but has better support and more features.
- Cross platform - You can run it on Win, Mac, and even Linux.
- Open source - Other people can look over the code, and even edit it and contribute to it.
- Actively Supported - The official Makers are not supported by YoYo Games. The unofficial LibMaker is supported by the LateralGM team, and our community (the ENIGMA forums). We are glad to answer questions, take input and feedback, and even modify/update the project to your needs.
- Cleaner interface
- Modular interface, makes what you see very easy to modify, swap out, or entirely replace while maintaining the basic functionality of the program.
- Action Preview, allows you to preview an action as you would see it if you edited it in Game Maker.
- Icon Preview, the action list at the left provides little previews of each action's icon right there, making it easier to navigate the list.
- Syntax Highlighted code editor, powered by JoshEdit.
- Ability to save and load both versions of LIB, as well as the tiny LGL alternative format (currently LGL is only supported by LateralGM).
- Ability to load (and edit) official LIBs.
- Ability to change the Library ID.