This is my discussion page please leave me messages here and I will respond on your talk page. Goombert 18:45, 7 January 2013 (MST)
- New images are definite improvements. We might replace some of them eventually, but they're good enough for now. Keep up the good work. As for the feather, the impression I get is that it looks like a quill, indicating that admins do the most writing/maintaining. Like I said, good enough. --IsmAvatar 08:56, 31 January 2013 (MST)
First things first, I'd like to point out that page names should try to be singular form where possible (unless it makes more sense to use plural). That said, I'd like to first mention the new "Actions" page. DND page already exists, which describes the exact function of actions. What you have created seems to essentially be a Category, or something along those lines. That said, a Category would certainly be useful here, but I think Categories tend to list all the items alphabetically, so... idunno. Either way, just wanted you to be aware that now we have two pages, Actions and DND, which both take different approaches of describing the same thing. Maybe yours can be List of Actions or something like that? Anyway, might want to take a look at the Recent Changes page to see what I've done so far. --IsmAvatar 23:33, 4 February 2013 (MST)
- Actually Ism my actions pages is supposed to describe the actions by groups, if anything I would propose a merge between our two articles, since each action article contains information on the functionality of individual functions. I propose that DND and Actions merge into a single article called Action Goombert 23:40, 4 February 2013 (MST)
- I was thinking that as well, except yours is a nice long list of actions, and mine is a nice page detailing actions. Combining them would make a super-long page, which would indicate that the page needs to be split anyway. --IsmAvatar 13:44, 5 February 2013 (MST)
- Mine isnt supposed to be a nice long list, its supposed to give an overview of each tab of actions in the IDE, it's for explaining them not categorizing them, thats why id like appended to the end of your page. Goombert (unsigned)
- Either way, it's a lot of content to add to a page that already has a lot of content. I think it'd be better to keep it separate, and provide a link to it in the Action page. --IsmAvatar 14:56, 6 February 2013 (MST)
The standard for wikimedia replying is to keep your reply on the same page, and indent it with a colon (:) at the beginning of the line (see above). It keeps the thread easier to follow, rather than bouncing back and forth between user pages. As for notifications, typically a user will watch either Recent Changes (which shows user page discussion edits) or else they will Watch a page that they've edited (such as these) and they can see their Watch list to see if someone replied/edited. By default, you automatically have pages you edit added to your watch list. --IsmAvatar 13:44, 5 February 2013 (MST)
Hi Robert, I am still working on the ds_grid functions. I have found the link you gave me to the data structure definitionsuseful, but I am a bit confused:
- What does 'unsigned int', 'variant', 'double', and 'std::string' mean? (I assume they stand for integer, integer/string, decimal, string?)
- Line 40 uses unsigned ints for the parameters x and y, whilst line 46 uses doubles for parameters x and y. What's the difference?
- If a function's return type is Boolean, and it returns true, will it return 1 or True? (In GM8, it would return 1)
Cheers. --X 00:46, 31 August 2013 (MDT)
How do you link to a heading who's name may change? E.g. I link to here, but this link will break as soon as the subheader's name is changed. Also, how do you remove the numbering from a TOC so it is just a list of links? Thanks.--X 23:37, 4 October 2013 (MDT)
Nice pages! Simple but helpful.--X 01:16, 27 October 2013 (MDT)
Hi, Noticed a redlink to Natural GM. Should I create a page for it?