This is a list of some of the current things needed/broken in JoshEdit. Developers can use this as a guide for things they could consider doing. General users can use this to know what things aren't functional yet.
Primarily, this is a list of bugs. Everything else is considered a suggestion, and can be found at JoshEdit:Suggestions.
- Put the cursor at the start of a line which has a tab at the start then text, then hit return and when the line moves down it also tabs further across
- Again having the cursor at the start of a line, if the paste a copied line it overrides the line the cursor is on instead of moving it down
- Hold left mouse to select text and move mouse down to the bottom of the script, the scroll will keep going and copy the end line continuously
- ShiftTab not working, or not implemented yet
- When drag moving text it takes two CTRL-Z's to undo it
- Drag move leaves the original text
- Dragging should show a caret for the drop location.
- Scroll when dragging outside window. Josh's specifications request an exponential scrolling based on oob distance.
- IsmAvatar has greatly improved this behavior, but some work still needs to be done.
- Hotkeys (e.g. ctrl+v) do not fire a caret update.
- Find Next seems to have broken at some point.
- Clicking somewhere not in the find menu hides it? (hope this wasn't intended behaviour)
- I'm not reproducing this behavior? Not really sure what you're talking about. --Ism
- Find window stays open outside of LGM when LGM is minimised (this and above are likely connected)
- This is caused by the Find dialog having no defined parent. A parent should be assigned to the find dialog.
- Whole word,eof options don't work
- Replace all doesn't work
- Scoping doesn't work
- After Replace button is pressed in find menu, Find button doesn't switch bar option to find
- highlight button in find bar doesn't work
- misbehaves when there are no more finds left (just keeps pasting replacement text)
- change the cursor when doing box select
- Add underscore to characters to select up to in words (like spaces, decimal points, quotes)
- CTRL select is annoying, often holding CTRL when selecting for the purpose of copy/pasting.
- probably best to change this to, CTRL having to be pressed before selecting (disallow it during) for it to CTRL-select to occur
- Drag move should be CTRL-drag otherwise it happens unexpectedly when try to select a different section of text in the section already selected
- CTRL-F directly opens the find bar when script editor is in scope (no alt-F crap)
- The find-bar altogether is horrible, I'll take this issue up with you (and you'll probably relentlessly defend it knowing you)
- Confusing to use, fiddly and difficult to use, options not directly visible, no replace all, replace field and find not both visible. Better to dock to right side as default (as shown: http://i.imgur.com/lwWzH.png) and add option in to dock at bottom.
- Unicode support: ) ͜͡ ( Unicode sometimes renders funky, or not at all. For instance, 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℚ𝕌𝕀ℂ𝕂 𝔹ℝ𝕆𝕎ℕ 𝔽𝕆𝕏 𝕁𝕌𝕄ℙ𝕊 𝕆𝕍𝔼ℝ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕃𝔸ℤ𝕐 𝔻𝕆𝔾 mostly does not render.
- Escape key generates an undesirable character.
- Middle click paste doesn't fire a caret update
- Implement status bar line/column display so it's not always stuck on 1:1.
- Undo buffer needs a doNotMerge flag which is to be set when the cursor changes and unset when an item is added
- You can rectangle select negative indexes, causing error
- The behavior of home and end need tweaked
- Ctrl-T is missing
- Add a selection modifier interface to improve the double/triple click system.
- Double click at the end of line also selects last word
- Triple clicking a line will select a whole line (you're lucky!)