- Bracket highlight coloring feature
- Automatic placement of brackets/braces
- Code folding on brackets and begin/end. User also mentioned () and , which will need to be clarified.
- Syntax highlighting with customizable colors.
- Real-time syntax checking after optional number of seconds not typing.
- Automatic syntax checking when closing the editor, warns user upon syntax error.
- Code warnings like Eclipse and NetBeans and auto-fix.
- Automatic code formatting
- Allow the user to use tabs in the auto-formatting script rather than spaces
- When you select several lines of code and start from the longest line, the editor shouldn't violently jump all the way back to the left when moving the mouse out of the long line. What if I just wanted to select a snippet of the code in that line? This happens all the time in GM. It should only move left or right when you move the mouse to the side of editor window. Moving up and down is still done the traditional way, though
- Option to auto-remove whitespaces at end of lines
- Indent with Tab or Ctrl+I
- All features have optional settings
- Help menu
- Math calculations. For example you highlight 2 + 3 press a hotkey it changes it to 5, or highlight 34*5 it changes it to 170.
- Re-factoring (Rename variable, Rename Script, Extract Method)
- Script documentation support(Like /** @argument0 Instance to receive foobar */)
- Smart code snippet feature (e.g. insert a common code snippet with a custom cursor position)
- Window can be independent of MDI, so you can maximize to fullscreen
This is a list of suggestions which we have implemented already.
- Line numbering
- CTRL selecting, allowing to select multiple text at once
All rejected proposals must have a reason for rejection.
- Window Tabs (LGM suggestion really for all resources)
- This is an already existing LGM feature request, and it would extend to all maximized resource frames, not just code editors.