Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken forums  (Read 742 times)
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Posted on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:13 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
We've recently upgraded to SMF RC3. This cost us all custom modifications to the SMF forum system. This is what's broken, that we are currently aware:

1) Registration. I implemented a regexp captcha to the SMF engine because its original system was too poor to handle multiple answers. My system allowed them to be set as (answer1|answer2), or however else is legal in the regexp standard. As such, any question with more than one answer is impossible to answer correctly.
2) Unix names. Gary just implemented a system that allows users to give themselves a unix name. It wasn't implemented in the Wiki completely yet, but it's gone now.
3) Code highlighting. The system had a problem with generating previews (the page had to be refreshed to see any modifications), and it didn't distinguish between GML and C++, but it's gone now.

Any other problems, report them here.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #1 Posted on: January 12, 2011, 02:22:07 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
Good job, a2h.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #2 Posted on: January 12, 2011, 07:01:21 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
I guess you didn't do a diff before you upgraded...
Post made January 13, 2011, 06:22:57 AM was deleted at the author's request.
Pages: [1]
  Print