Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Happenings  (Read 25964 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) onpon
Reply #15 Posted on: January 07, 2011, 04:45:22 PM

View Profile WWW Email
So, I gather that this project is finally coming close to completion? Sounds great. :) ENIGMA is clearly better than GM's slow interpreter from what I can tell, so who knows? Maybe people who used to use GM will come flocking over to LateralGM and ENIGMA.

Although, I personally still prefer Python. ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:48:03 PM by onpon » Logged
Offline (Male) kkg
Reply #16 Posted on: January 07, 2011, 09:44:11 PM

MSN Messenger - kamikazigames@gmail.com
View Profile Email
If by completion you mean "Is usable in the sense that every one of GM's functions is implemented and working fantastically", then in a sense (from a user's stand point) it's a bit of a yes and a no.
Yes in the terms that the functions that are already available (on the most part) work and everything gets compiled and ran
No in the sense that there are still a fucktonne of functions to be done, which I unfortunately can't contribute towards because I'm a novice programmer and that's why I'm here :P
PC: Core i7-2600 @ 3.8ghz | 4x 4gb G.Skill RipjawZ DDR3-2000 | GTX580 | Win7 x64
Time is the greatest teacher, however it kills every single one of its pupils.
Offline (Unknown gender) MrGriggs
Reply #17 Posted on: January 13, 2011, 01:52:35 PM

View Profile Email
Get that installer out in the wild so I can start salivating over those juicy switches, surfaces and other functions ;)
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #18 Posted on: January 13, 2011, 03:14:44 PM

Developer

View Profile
switches, surfaces and other functions
I don't think their done, even thou its "trivial shit" as Josh used to say. I too guess it could take him like 3h to get all this done, but he is just lazy as hell, and I am new to C++ (and never be anything more, as I think its dreadful). All I can do is some drawing functions etc. Not whole systems like surfaces (I have tried and tried and tried again, always failing). When basic draw_surface works, then I will be able to do the rest of the surface functions thou.
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #19 Posted on: January 13, 2011, 09:34:13 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Two hours for surfaces, probably three hours for switch()... two hours for ds_ functions... I only now got home from school, and I still have more work to do.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #20 Posted on: January 14, 2011, 08:27:19 AM

View Profile Email
I never suggested functions would take little time to implement, I was just stating excitement to see your work unfold.  :ohdear:

Will be uploading a video of my RTS engine soon, so that you can witness it :).

With ENIGMA, will it be possible to create my own instance classes, such as using a specific one for projectiles so that it doesn't waste as much resources, this may mean I have to re-write parts of my engine later, though :\.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:36:55 AM by MrGriggs » Logged
Reply #21 Posted on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:11 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
You may not treat custom classes as regular objects, but you can already create them in Definitions using C++ syntax.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #22 Posted on: January 14, 2011, 12:50:20 PM

Resident Troll
MSN Messenger - rpjohnst@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
Would it work to extend object_planar or something to get some instance functionality while still making simpler objects?
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #23 Posted on: January 14, 2011, 01:03:07 PM

Developer

View Profile
With ENIGMA, will it be possible to create my own instance classes, such as using a specific one for projectiles so that it doesn't waste as much resources, this may mean I have to re-write parts of my engine later, though :\.
I think the idea is that you will be able to remove unneeded built-in variables and so they would not be updated or used. So later it would be as simple as just unchecking some checkboxes inside object properties and they will become as simple as you want.

Will be uploading a video of my RTS engine soon, so that you can witness it :).
Can't wait. :)
Reply #24 Posted on: January 14, 2011, 01:13:05 PM

View Profile Email
Oh, so like just stripping everything down and off until I has teh bare essentials? That sounds great.
Reply #25 Posted on: January 14, 2011, 04:10:10 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
It certainly would, Rusky. But I'm afraid to tell people to do that because they'll call path functions on it or some shit. Path functions will never work on custom classes (without some serious effort poured into the mix).

And yes, selecting variable packages is planned (And about half done).
Reply #26 Posted on: January 16, 2011, 12:22:35 PM

View Profile Email

Any updates om the windows installer or switches? :)

Posting this from an android phone!
Reply #27 Posted on: January 16, 2011, 12:39:50 PM

View Profile Email
I am getting addicted I check the svn and scower the forums every hour... :-\
Reply #28 Posted on: January 16, 2011, 08:38:13 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
The installer's been done, the issue is getting the backend to make the correct calls. I'm just finishing that up now. Sign on to the IRC, and say my name if I'm there. I'll tell you what to do.

<-- lol 69
Reply #29 Posted on: January 17, 2011, 06:39:36 AM

View Profile Email
I'll sign on and test it for you tonight, if that's ok, at about 4 o clockpm I think it will be, about 10:10 pm for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print