Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Script Editor Improvements  (Read 700 times)
Offline (Male) polygone
Posted on: December 21, 2010, 03:02:06 PM

Contributor

View Profile
I believe I saw Josh once say that he is personally going to work on the script editor, is this still the case? What do you plan on adding to it exactly? I know Ism likes to keep things simple but I think a bit more functionality would be nice.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 07:08:30 AM by polygone » Logged
I honestly don't know wtf I'm talking about but hopefully I can muddle my way through.
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #1 Posted on: December 21, 2010, 07:46:55 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
I just wanted something more elegant than JEdit, which wasn't designed for much of anything by the looks of it (It doesn't seem to have an interface to number lines or highlight a certain line number, for example. Or if it does, Ism needs a good smack). I am not great with Java by any stretch, so I asked Ism to isolate JEdit's code so I could work with it to add some functionality specifically tailored to ENIGMA. She was unable to do so, so I dropped it. (thingsihateaboutjava++)
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #2 Posted on: December 22, 2010, 07:14:17 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
You never asked me to isolate JEdit, you asked me to isolate JTextField. JEdit is already isolated, inside org.lateralgm.jedit, an entirely self-contained package.
Pages: [1]
  Print