Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't compile anymore? Whats up with that?  (Read 1143 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Posted on: October 24, 2010, 04:50:28 AM

Developer

View Profile
I reinstalled win7 and now I can't compile enigma. I downloaded newest rev from SVN, then installed code::blocks which comes with minGW (it has g++ and make, I checked) and now when I try to compile it shows this http://pastebin.com/GKd7GHB7 . From what I can figure from the bizarre error reporting style is that it tries to compile ideprint.cpp and output it to .eobjs/ideprint.o, but it somehow fails to do it. I am an admin and I do have all permissions for the folder. If I delete .eobjs folder, then he does create it successfully, so it can write just fine. I did this previously like 5 times, about 2 of them in xp. Everything worked fine before. I think I am missing something very primitive, but I dunno what it is. Maybe I need to download minGW separately?

edit: Also, about spaces in text. You should read this: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/fdsspec/spaces.htm .
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:37:11 AM by HaRRiKiRi » Logged
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #1 Posted on: October 24, 2010, 08:59:44 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
I have never had luck using the MinGW that comes with Code::Blocks. I have no idea why. It doesn't seem much older than the one that comes with ENIGMA... I was thinking they specialized it just for use with their IDE.

Can you do me a favor, though? I need to modify ENIGMA.exe to make calls to MinGW's latest installer application, mingw-get. It's like apt-get, but for MinGW (Implying for Windows). Using mingw-get, I believe we can install all of GCC via calls to better_system() (already in the ENIGMA.exe source). I will get to this soon enough, but if you would like to give it a shot, be my guest. It should be as simple as calling better_system("C:\\mingw-get","install gcc"); (after actually copying mingw-get.exe to C:\MinGW, of course).

We'd then do the same for "install g++", "install make", "install gdb"... at which point, ENIGMA would have a full-fledged development suite at its disposal.

Also, thank you for that info page. I'll look it over and make any necessary changes.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #2 Posted on: October 24, 2010, 04:00:36 PM

Developer

View Profile
I just installed newest MinGW (in C:\MinGW\ I might add) and now it works. Dunno if the path or the version was the problem.
Reply #3 Posted on: October 24, 2010, 04:52:01 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
How did you install it? Did you use mingw-get?
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #4 Posted on: October 24, 2010, 08:36:09 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
I have never had luck using the MinGW that comes with Code::Blocks. I have no idea why. It doesn't seem much older than the one that comes with ENIGMA...
It's 3.4.5 instead of 4.5.1.

It's really old.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Reply #5 Posted on: October 24, 2010, 09:21:08 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Wonder how I overlooked that.
Pages: [1]
  Print