So I pulled overtime. I Haven't eaten anything today but a bagel. And a handful of spaghetti, which I grabbed out of a bowl as I walked by.
R4 is ready for release, but there's a problem. I was depending on a certain IsmAvatar for an update that would enable LateralGM to download and build ENIGMA. I spent the whole day getting everything perfect. But she's gone. So everybody post "WHY, ISM? WHYYYYY?".
Anyway, here's how the release today (8- 10 -10) works:
Double click ENIGMA.exe
Do what it says.
Most Linux users have been using R4 for a month or so. I'll see about putting a .deb and a... whatever that thing is that Retro uses. Hey, Retro, can you assemble those for me tomorrow?
Anyway, I'm really bummed about the release not being 8-9-10, especially that it wasn't even at 11:12 like I thought it would be when the amazing Super Ism showed up to save the day. But hey, life goes on, especially for ENIGMA.Currently implemented:
- Views (haven't tested in a while) (view_object may not do anything)
- Background color
- Keywords global and local
- Template types (imported from C++)
- Framework laid (basic flow, but functions are not implemented
- Works by nature of the instance system, but code is not yet inherited properly
- Conditional events
- Extensible system (event conditions and classifications loaded from a file)
And of course, the function lists have grown significantly. I will see about getting those up sooner or later. But I'm feeling very abandoned. I don't really blame anybody; it's just that today was apparently not a good day to say, hey, let's get a zipped distributable out!
So. What will happen tomorrow:
1) I'm implementing sound_loop, sound_pause, sound_isplaying, sound_ispaused, sound_resume
2) I'm making sure users have access to WhiteSpace (the name-pending C++ resource).
3) I'm making sure X.Y works, at least as well as it did in R3.
4) Ism is finishing work on her updater. Or else.
5) I will see if Retro will prepare a deb and archwhatever containing the essentials for LGM and ENIGMA on Linux.
6) The same is basically done for Windows as it stands (just waiting for Ism...)
7) See if a2h can fix some things on the site.
See you all then. Be there, or be *mutter mutter* (and if you happen to be IsmAvatar and are not there, I'll shoot you.)