Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Executable Icon and Description on Windows  (Read 393 times)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Posted on: August 21, 2013, 12:50:56 PM

Contributor

View Profile
I have managed to get exe info and an icon onto executables by simply creating a resource.rc and resource.h under Win32 and linking the rc file from the Win32 makefile. Now the only problem is I need to obtain EnigmaStruct with GameSettings in resource.rc for it to know what values to give the exe.

Should I move this to the compiler source and have compileEGMf write the resource.rc file itself to Preprocessor_Environment_Editable and then link it in?

Joshfag, halp ~

UPDATE: I have now got it working, compile.cpp when it writes modes and settings now writes the exe and icon info to a Resources.rc in Preprocessor_Environment_Editable which is later linked from the SHELL/Makefile

I just need to know if this is how it should be done and if it is ok if I commit it like this, and should I include guard this to only do it when your on Windows, etc. Joshfag, answer me back ~

PS: Also I did not use Studio's icon that is the one packed into the GMK file and passed to EnigmaStruct
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:51:11 PM by Robert B Colton » Logged
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #1 Posted on: August 21, 2013, 03:27:03 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
I'd set up a descriptor that allows specifying the output format for the resource file from EnigmaStruct, but it got brushed aside back when MinGW's windres was failing.

Since they've apparently fixed it, as long as you have it working, I don't really care anymore.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #2 Posted on: August 21, 2013, 03:34:36 PM

Contributor

View Profile
JoshDreamland, ok well it is all done and I guarded it to make sure it only is written on Windows...
https://github.com/enigma-dev/enigma-dev/pull/334

Also, uhm, I have to update the plugin I think because LGM is not sending all the values like Author and Description, actually, the panel wasn't really finished its missing Copyright option too.

Edit: Never mind polygonz merged it already, just update your LateralGM and plugin jars or redownload the portable ZIP, and everything works perfectly...

Noa how 2 make Win32 Window have same icon as exe joshfag?????
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:41:58 PM by Robert B Colton » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print