Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullet Dynamics Physics  (Read 1839 times)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Posted on: June 28, 2013, 09:11:28 AM

Contributor

View Profile WWW
Here are a few teaser screenshots (right click->view image to enlarge)...

I am working on some new major extensions and systems for ENIGMA, including the Bullet Dynamics physics extension which will bring 3D collision detection, physics simulation, and real time destruction capabilities all with full hardware acceleration through a rigid and soft body pipeline. This physics API is free and open source under Zlib licensing, it is also used in many Pixar and Disney CGI Animations and video games, including Cars 2, Toy Story 3, and Grand Theft Auto IV.

These screenshots actually lie about the fps, it is much quicker. I am using software rendering (OpenGL1) and have not hooked the bullet extension to the OpenCL library for GPU accelleration yet.

I just wanted to let everybody in on some new things I am hoping to bring to ENIGMA, and to make sure everybody does not start thinking development is dead. I will announce when this system is finished and ready to be used when I am ready to. I am currently taking a hiatus and creating a graphics system as well that is powered by OGRE (Object Oriented Rendering Engine), which will provide a great set of functions for creating large open world games.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:15:20 AM by Robert B Colton » Logged
Offline (Unknown gender) bethleem
Reply #1 Posted on: March 12, 2016, 09:56:33 AM

View Profile
Did you accomplish it? Any example avaliable?

Thx!
Pages: [1]
  Print