Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: LateralGM seems a little clunky overall, Ideas but not sure how to develop them.  (Read 6613 times)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #45 Posted on: June 09, 2016, 05:39:55 PM

Contributor

View Profile WWW
I think it's great to have multiple IDE's and competition which is better for users. People just have different styles and at the same time the same person can have different uses for a tool. For example, even someone who prefers an alternative IDE likes to have something to fall back on. Even myself included if I was developing a second IDE, it would be helpful to have a reliable tool to check things out with. LateralGM fills that role, the whole point of it is to be exactly like GameMaker. If I was still working on a second IDE I would probably end up using LateralGM a couple times to convert a file or do some operation not yet supported by my new IDE, etc. It is similar to how OpenJDK is a "reference" implementation for the Java Standard Edition.

But yeah, not going to deny that LateralGM is boring and while it has made some progress towards stability, it has a ways to go yet. Feel free to post as often as you like, you know we welcome third party tools here.
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #46 Posted on: June 25, 2016, 11:31:02 PM

View Profile Email

it has made some progress towards stability, it has a ways to go yet. Feel free to post as often as you like, you know we welcome third party tools here.

I completely disagree with this - its stability is abysmal at best and one of its weakest point.

It has progressively become worse over time.
(Yes I am using windows) :D and I am aware that the
culprit is enigma.jar - or is it...........  I can easily
reproduce a crash each bloody time, even after hitting the save button a few times and the whole shit falls in shambles.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print