Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Issues Help Desk / Re: Are old versions of Java even SAFE?
« Last post by Hoohee on August 21, 2017, 09:37:11 PM »
I don't see an uninstall option anywhere on Java's controls.  Would simple deletion of files and folders be enough to uninstall it?
« Last post by hpg678 on August 21, 2017, 06:59:01 PM »
I suggest you do, to be on the safe side. I'll explain why.

After I had installed JRE7, I created 2 small projects, a Breakout game and video player to test the functions. I found out that my video project worked with Jre7 installed but didn't with Jre8 installed. With both installations, I had activated the 'DirectShow' extension in the configuration icon as it is need for video playback.

Another thing I also noticed is for the first time using ENIGMA for Windows, I was able to have dialog boxes. commands like show_info(); displaying message boxes and such actually worked. In the Linux version I have to circumvent and be a little creative to produce the same kind of effect.

But let's not stray away from the issue.

Uninstall all Java versions and start fresh. Download from the site I suggested, install Java 7 and edit the 'idecommand=......' line. then start up ENIGMA and move on from there.

As always if you have any more problems, I'll help you out as best as I can.

« Last post by Hoohee on August 21, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »
Thank you for all these details, but in fact, I don't remember ever typing Level1 = 2.  Perhaps that is something that set on its own, but I'm not sure where to look for and fix that error, or why that would be in Preprocessor Environment as opposed to my game.

I, too, have been trying to transfer over a Game Maker file, albeit from 8 Pro.  I don't expect it to go seamlessly, but I'm hoping I can at least change the file enough that it can then be run and continued on Enigma; I'm just not sure what from GM needs to be cut out or corrected so it does, yet.

Also, upon inspection, Jave 8 is actually located in a folder of files from an older computer.  Does the bit about uninstalling it and installing the new one still apply?
Off-Topic / Re: Introductions
« Last post by falki147 on August 21, 2017, 02:25:47 PM »
It's never too late to introduce yourself (I guess)

So, my story is a little bit different. My first steps in programming where actually done in GM (don't know if it was 7 or 8, it was a pirated copy) It basically teached me everything I needed know without going too much into the details. My main interest at the time was 3D programming. Since then I learned many new languages like C++ or C#. My main interest is still in 3D, thus I learned how to use OpenGL. The other thing I'm interested in are compilers, which is why I love this project so much. It has many flaws, but it is amazing how well it turned out, even without much support (moneywise) However I turned my back on GameMaker, because I can't live without the features other IDEs and languages provide (argumentN is such a crappy design) and I love developing engines myself. I just sometimes have a look at the forums (GMC, Enigma, GM-D <- german forum), because I want to see what other people have achieved with the limitations of GM.

Have a nice day!
Off-Topic / Re: Introductions
« Last post by hpg678 on August 21, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »
It may be a late to introduce myself but I just want to say 'Hello' to everyone in the Forum and the new members as well. I come from a small island in the Caribbean named Barbados. If you've heard of Rihanna, then you've probably heard of of it since this where she came from.

I've been involved in Gamemaker for many years now but I don't consider myself to be a professional.........let just say I'm well versed in it. It's only been recent that I decided to become a full-time developer to produce LINUX games as there is a great demand for them. Using ENIGMA is a major step but as time I plan to be good enough to push ENIGMA even further.
« Last post by hpg678 on August 21, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

your problem seems to be a typo mistake ............[Level 1 = 2]

you probably meant to type

Level1 = 2 to signify the variable Level1, a variable has some constant value of 2
« Last post by hpg678 on August 21, 2017, 09:09:56 AM »
Having read your concerns, I built a machine from scratch to try and re-create the same problems you've been having. The machine I am working with is a Lenovo Thinkcentre M98 desktop system as it is the only computer I have with a 64bit CPU.

These are the procedures I took.
  • Installed Windows 64bit OS
  • Downloaded and installed all updates except the different Language files
  • Installed Cmake64 bit
  • installed Vcredist_IA64 bit
  • Installed git 64bit
  • Installed Java8 64bit
  • Mingw
  • Downloaded ENIGMA_Portable and installed it to the DESKTOP
When I ran it and it went through its first installation process,then I got the error about the missing .dll file you mentioned about. Suffice to say after much trials and errors, what I did to get it finally working was this
  • Uninstall Java8.
  • Reboot machine
  • Download JRE 7 from FileHippo.com at installed that version
  • edited the 'settings' file, where the 'idecommand' section is, to 'idecommand="c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre\bin\java.exe -jar -xms256m -xmx1000m"
  • Clicked and ran ENIGMA without any errors.
  • Created an empty project, compiled and displayed an empty room.
  • Success  ::) :) :)
When I tried to import a GM6 or one of my ENIGMA projects, I got that same APPCRASH error. However when I created a new project from scratch, it ran perfectly.  I should probably mention that I disabled and enabled some extensions.
  • GameMaker 5 compatibility      ON
  • GUI Basic UI                               **OFF**
  • DirectShow                                   ON
  • INI Filesystem                            **OFF**
Usually in LINUX these are off by default. In Windows version, all except 'Directshow' is OFF. In other words, you may now have to play around with the configuration tool a bit.
Well that's all for now. I'm going to play around with it for a couple of weeks, so if any more problems, just let me know.
« Last post by Hoohee on August 20, 2017, 01:45:27 PM »
I reinstalled the settings file, so Enigma loads again.  I want to give you some insight into the problems I'm having, so maybe that will help you deduce what may be wrong.

The error I get when debugging a file:
In file included from SHELLmain.cpp:96:0:
C:/ProgramData/ENIGMA/Preprocessor_Environment_Editable/IDE_EDIT_resourcenames.h:461:9: error: expected '}' before numeric constant
   Level 1 = 2,
         ^
C:/ProgramData/ENIGMA/Preprocessor_Environment_Editable/IDE_EDIT_resourcenames.h:461:9: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
C:/ProgramData/ENIGMA/Preprocessor_Environment_Editable/IDE_EDIT_resourcenames.h:469:3: error: expected declaration before '}' token
 };}
   ^
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/Tom/Documents/Enigma/ENIGMA/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL'
mingw32-make.exe: *** [Game] Error 2

I'm going to assume it's still using my normal Java version, which might not work with LateralGM, although I was able to run a more simple game.  Either way, here's the details of the error I get when trying to run the Java file you told me to download (even in Administrator mode):
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0.1 (32-bit) .exe
  Application Version:   7.0.10.8
  Application Timestamp:   4e8990f6
  Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.23864
  Fault Module Timestamp:   595fa490
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0005205d
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I hope that helps.
Finished Games / OpenBalloon Pop
« Last post by hpg678 on August 20, 2017, 05:37:06 AM »
OpenBalloon Pop is a fun game where your objective is to stop a series of balloons from leaving the screen. Seems simple enough right? Move your mouse over the different colored balloons and watch them pop revealing various goodies and points to maximize your score.

Tip: Get as much extra lives as you can as they will be essential as the game advance.

you can check out the video preview on Youtube.com at  https://youtu.be/2WTRTKySlig.

you can Download the game from here.

Here are some screenshots

http://imgur.com/4bTCwEp

http://imgur.com/SAAvX5k

http://imgur.com/O8qkLDU

http://imgur.com/gkvv2tU

« Last post by Hoohee on August 18, 2017, 06:46:47 PM »
So far it doesn't, but let's keep at it.  I get a "Stopped Working" error when I try to run the Java itself.  Maybe it's only supposed to run with Enigma, however, the instructions given are rather cryptic to me.  It says,
If you decided to keep an alternative Java installation that is 64bit then you may need to explicitly state the 32bit version when launching ENIGMA. This can be easily done on Windows by changing the settings.ini value for the key IDECOMMAND to something like the following:
Code: [Select]
idecommand="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe -jar"

Well, I tried turning that into "Libraries\Documents\Enigma\ENIGMA\Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0.1 (32-bit)", because I didn't know what else to call it, and now Enigma won't even open.  What could be wrong here, in both cases?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10