|This user is a Bureaucrat. And also an Administrator|
IsmAvatar is the founder and lead programmer of LateralGM and the Plugin. She is also responsible for much of the XLib code and the BBox collision system in ENIGMA. She has been using Linux Ubuntu almost exclusively for the past couple of years, but every now and then gets access to other operating systems for testing things or just to complain about how lacking it is. Her personal life and education is largely undisclosed. She can usually be found slapping people with large trouts on the IRC, where she also runs a channel bot that she programmed. If she's not there, you can probably safely assume that she is either sleeping or getting laid by her boyfriend.
Note to self: Special:UserRights/RobertBColton
Known and Preferred Languages
- Java - for GUI development.
- C - for moderate efficiency operations, such as playing with files or doing batch jobs.
- PHP - for web development or network tools.
- Assembly (primarily MIPS or PIC) - for high efficiency operations like developing embedded systems.
- GML - for quick prototyping.
IsmAvatar is largely interested in philosophy and economics, oftentimes more avidly than she is with programming. In a nutshell, she is a learned atheist/agnostic anarco-capitalist against Intellectual Property.
In general order of priority (highest priority being first).
- Fix LGM bugs on GitHub Issue Tracker.
- Figure out why old GMDs seem to break arguments (TGMG's problem)
- Fix EnigmaSettings hack (don't send right before commit - causes extra overhead).
- Speed up compile time by threading and sending actual resource data (like images) after everything else is populated. Turn on a boolean after each one is done.
- Support for GMX format.
- Finish documenting GMKrypt (and other formats)
- Port EnigmaBot to perl; merge with Thundercleese; rename to EnigmaBot when done.
- Look into RetroX's <V> problem preventing his javac from compiling LGM.
- Technically a suggestion.
Starting at the latest.
- Fixed most of the bugs on LateralGM's Github issue tracker. These should be very welcome changes.
- Updated the Catch the Clown game a little.
- Fixed Polygon Masking.
- Consider replacing with this algorithm: http://www.clanlib.org/docs/clanlib-0.8.0/Overview/collision_detection.html ?
- Made a LibMaker.
- Fixed EGM APNG, both the reader (readFully, support multiple IDATs) and writer (output missing bytes, support multiple IDATs).
- Fix LGM freezing when there's no gcc.ey.
- Plugin now able to modify LGM's function list on the fly.
- Fix EnigmaSettings broken since latest resMap. Also fixed an ID duplication issue.
- Broke the backend to use a new ResMap instead of hard-coded lists. Adds better support for custom resources (e.g. plugins) and plugs in non-instantiable resources (Game Info, Game Settings).
- Removed Toolbar New button. File>New now always asks for confirmation.
- New EventPanel docked to the right of the MDI rather than floating.
- Game Settings are now sent to ENIGMA.
- Hooked up EGM writer and reader.
- Modularized the crap out of the Save/Load system.
- Redo file-based system to URL-based one.
- Different File Formats represented using FormatFlavors.
- Fix up LGM RevertableMDIFrame so that GameSettings/GameInformation uses it (also refactored GameSettings and GameInformation to use properties enumeration)
- This should make detecting changes easier down the road. It also solves a serious bug with closing GameSettings/Information with the X button.
- Implemented Josh's extension selector.
- Some improvements to LGM's image handling, from cloning to the panels that display them.
- Finished a basic EGM writer.
- Made Enigma Console minimizable
- Add basic sound support to LGM's sound frame play button (supports Wav and Midi for sure).
- Add new resource icons/buttons to LGM.
- Dependency Resolver for API Systems
- Dynamic population of EnigmaSettings (both General Options and API Systems)
- Updated saving/loading as EYaml
- Support for GM8.1
- Made fonts work, including default font.
- Plugin now shows progress console while populating structures, eliminating the waiting-to-compile silence.
- Fix several LGM bugs on the mantis tracker.
- Resolve DND-to-EDL conversion problems on incompetent tracker.
- Fix some LateralGM errors/bugs on the incompetent tracker.
- Fix post-checkout/update usage of EnigmaSettings causing NoClassDefError.